Tournament & Clinic Insurance
General Liability Coverage for USA Softball Events
The USA Softball Tournament/Clinic Liability Insurance Plan provides protection for lawsuits and court judgments that may result from bodily injury and property damage claims arising out of your USA Softball Sanctioned Tournament or Clinic operations.
Underwritten by Markel Insurance Company, Rated A by A.M. Bests rating service.
|Liability per occurrence||$2 million|
|Aggregate per location||$5 million|
|Personal Injury / Advertising Injury||$2 million|
|Products / Completed Operations||$2 million|
|Sexual Abuse Liability per occurrence||$2 million|
|Sexual Abuse Liability aggregate||$2 million|
|Damage to Premises Rented||$300,000|
|Med Pay to Others (non-participants)||$10,000|
The policy includes Participants Liability, which is one of the most important aspects of Liability coverage for sports organizations.
Who is Covered Under This Policy?
- Tournament or clinic organizers
- Tournament or clinic officials
- Participating teams or players
- Individual team members
- Field owners (as additional insureds, if requested)
- Tournament or clinic sponsors
ACCIDENT MEDICAL COVERAGE FOR USA Softball EVENT PARTICIPANTS
Under the USA Softball Tournament/Clinic Accident Insurance Plan, coverage extends to covered injuries incurred by Tournament participants while practicing or playing in Tournament games. For Clinics, coverage applies to participants while taking part in clinic activities at the designated clinic site. There is no coverage for travel or off-premises activities under this plan.
|Accident Medical||$250,000 per claim|
|Accidental Dismemberment||$10,000 principal sum|
|Chiropractic & Physical Therapy||$2,500 ($100 per visit)|
|Durable Medical Equipment||$1,000|
|Deductible per claim||$250|
|90/10 % Coinsurance|
|52 week benefit period|
This policy is written on an Excess basis, which means that the policy is secondary over any other valid and collectible insurance or healthcare plan that you may have. Thus, you need to submit your expenses to your own healthcare plan first, for this policy to consider your claim. If you have no other coverage in force, this policy will pay your claim as primary, subject to the deductible and other policy terms.
The policy only covers medical and dental expenses, which are incurred during the Benefit Period – within 52 weeks of the date of injury.
TOURNAMENT & CLINIC INSURANCE INFORMATION
- Tournaments and clinics must be USA Softball approved or USA Softball sanctioned by your local USA Softball Commissioner to be eligible for this insurance program
- The enrollment form must be signed by an USA Softball Commissioner in order to bind coverage
- Coverage goes into effect as of the date the Tournament or Clinic starts, provided that the enrollment form and full premium are received by RPS ollinger prior to the start date
- You can purchase the Liability and Accident Insurance either separately or as a package
- Coverage automatically extends to make-up dates caused by weather, but no refunds are allowed for this program
- Apply by mail by completing the Enrollment Form and mailing along with a check to RPS Bollinger
EVENT RATES FOR 2018
All policies are subject to a minimum premium as follows:
- $50 for liability insurance only
- $50 for accident insurance only
- $100 for liability & accident insurance
- Tournament or clinic officials
|Tournament Rates per Team||Junior Olympic||Adult|
|Liability insurance only||$2.50||N/A|
|Accident insurance only||$3.50||$7.50|
|Liability & accident insurance||$5.00||N/A|
|Instructional/Playing Clinic Rates per Participant / Day||Junior Olympic||Adult|
|Liability insurance only||$0.50||$0.50|
|Accident insurance only||$0.50||$0.50|
|Liability & accident insurance||$1.00||$1.00|
|Classroom Only Clinics Rates per Participant / Day||Junior Olympic||Adult|
|Liability insurance only||$0.25||$0.25|
|Accident insurance only||$0.25||$0.25|
|Liability & accident insurance||$0.50||$0.50|